Frequently asked questions about being a KABU Rider.
KABU Rider Frequently Asked Questions
First, download the KABU RIDE application from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, and complete the registration process before placing an order.
- Click the “Ride” button on the app’s home page or “Where to?” to edit and confirm your departure and destination, and then proceed to the next step.
- Select the service type/vehicle type, choose your preferred driver language, and select and fill in your payment method.
- Click “GO NOW” to request a ride immediately, or click the “clock” icon to select a scheduled time and then click “Schedule Order” to request an order.
After a driver accepts your request, you can view their information and vehicle details. Please wait patiently for the driver to arrive at your departure location.
After entering your destination and selecting your service type, click the “clock” button next to “GO NOW” to choose your desired departure time. You can reserve a trip up to 48 hours in advance. If you need to change the departure time before placing the order, you can click on the current departure time on the page to select a new time.
KABU Points is a loyalty program to thank users for their continued support. KABU users can earn points by using KABU RIDE’s ride-hailing services, and redeem KABU Points for KABU Balance to pay for KABU RIDE trips.
You can view your KABU points and redeem them for KABU Balance in the “KABU Wallet” section of the KABU ride app.
- You can earn points by using KABU RIDE’s ride-hailing services. For every $1 CAD, you spend on KABU RIDE, you will receive 1 KABU Point.
- You can earn points by participating in KABU RIDE’s promotional events. KABU RIDE frequently holds events where users can earn reward points by entering promotional codes or participating in activities.
To redeem KABU points for KABU Balance, please follow these steps:
- Open the KABU Ride app and go to the “KABU Wallet”.
- Select “KABU Points” to enter the redemption page.
- Choose the amount of KABU Balance you want to redeem with KABU points.
- After confirming the redemption, the KABU points will be exchanged for the corresponding KABU Balance, which can be viewed in the “KABU Wallet”.
*Please note that you can only redeem KABU Points for KABU Balance once per week.
KABU Balance is a quick payment method offered by KABU Ride, which provides users with a more convenient and fast service experience. KABU Balance will never expire and can be used to pay for KABU Ride services or future services offered by KABU. Users can also earn additional balances by redeeming points or topping up their balance, saving more on their daily transportation expenses.
You can check your KABU Balance and top up in the “KABU Wallet” section within the KABU RIDE app.
To use KABU Balance, simply select it as your payment method when placing an order.
When using KABU Balance, you need to have a balance greater than the order amount. If your balance is insufficient, you can top it up before paying for your order with KABU Balance.
To pay for tips, you can also select “KABU Balance” as your payment method and confirm the payment. Please note that when paying tips with KABU Balance, the limit is $25. If you need to pay a tip amount that exceeds this limit, please choose another payment method.
The steps to top up your KABU Balance are as follows:
- Select “KABU Wallet” from the homepage menu of the KABU RIDE app.
- Choose “KABU Balance” and select your preferred top-up amount.
- Choose your payment method, and you will see the corresponding top-up rewards.
- Confirm your desired top-up amount.
- Once the transaction is completed, the top-up amount and rewards will be added directly to your KABU Balance.
*Note that KABU Balance cannot be transferred, withdrawn, or refunded, except in special circumstances.
Please ensure that you have enough amount of your KABU Balance to pay for the current order. When a user chooses KABU Balance to pay for an order, the balance must exceed the order amount. If the balance is insufficient to cover the order price, you can top up the balance before using it to pay for your order.
You can manage and add payment methods within the “KABU Wallet” feature in the KABU app. Simply select the payment method you have added when placing your order.
KABU RIDE currently accepts the following payment methods:
- Credit cards such as Mastercard, Visa, and American Express
- Debit cards with Mastercard or Visa logos issued by major Canadian banks
- WeChat Pay
- Apple Pay
- KABU Balance
After completing a trip, you can leave a tip for your driver on the rating and feedback page of the app. We appreciate your gesture of appreciation and support for our driving partners through tipping.
KABU is a licensed ride-hailing platform approved by the provincial transportation agency in Canada. According to regulations, we cannot accept offline payment methods such as cash. Tipping with cash is a private matter between the passenger and driver and is not within the platform’s management scope.
If you notice a charge on your credit card or bank account that you don’t recognize with KABU RIDE, it may be an authorization hold that will eventually drop off your account or it could be a cancellation fee. Check your trip history to confirm if you recently canceled a trip or if someone else might have used your account. If you suspect unauthorized activity or need further assistance, please contact our customer services for help reviewing your account.
The refund from KABU RIDE is processed in real-time, however, for certain payment methods such as credit cards, it may take 10 to 15 business days for the refund to reflect in your account. If you have any issues related to credit card refunds, please contact your credit card issuing bank.
If you lose an item during a KABU ride, you should contact the driver or our customer service promptly via the app’s trip history or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the lost item, your contact information, and your address.
- If the driver returns the item to you immediately, you will need to pay for the fare from their current location to your location.
- Alternatively, KABU can mail the lost item back to you after receiving it from the driver at our office, with a mailing fee of $15.
Please note that the return time may be affected due to the driver’s personal schedule. Each KABU driver is an independent service contractor, and both KABU and drivers are not responsible for lost items left in the vehicle after the ride. Although we are always here to help, we cannot guarantee that your lost item will be found and delivered to you.
If you need to change your trip within three minutes of placing your order, you can cancel the order and place a new one without incurring any additional charges.
If you need to change your destination during the trip, it is currently not possible to make the change directly. Therefore, the KABU RIDE driver can “complete” the current trip and start a new one for the additional distance. The fee for the additional distance will be calculated at a rate of $2 CAD per kilometer. After confirming the additional fare, the passenger needs to give extra travel costs and tips in the evaluation section.
Yes, if you vomit or cause any other accidental mess in the vehicle during the trip, you may be required to pay a cleaning fee ranging from $100 to $300 depending on the severity of the situation. We hope that you and our driver partners can show mutual understanding and respect toward each other. Our driver partners strive to provide every KABU RIDE customer with a clean and comfortable environment in the vehicle.